Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Solid Sleep Indicator Light

Just recently I have noticed that my Macbook Pro will not sleep. When the lid is shut the sleep indicator light stays solid instead of pulsing as it should and used to. The light stays solid when but into sleep mode via the apple menu in the top left. Wake for network access and bluetooth devices is currently disabled. I have restarted my computer multiple times and left it off over night to no change. I have attempted reseting the SMC and the PRAM and still have the problem. When the computer is supposed to be sleeping you can clearly hear the fan running. It appears the moniter is sleeping as it should but the computer itself refuses to sleep. As well, I am running OSX Lion with all my software updated and no third party applications. Currently I am shutting my Macbook down whenever I am not using it. How can I get my Macbook Pro to go to sleep?

2.4ghz MacBook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 4:27 PM

Check to see whether there is an unprinted file waiting in a printer queue. If you find one, delete it and see whether the machine sleeps properly afterward.

If that's not the issue, start the machine in Safe Mode and see whether the problem persists. Post back with results.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2012 4:27 PM in response to Theronen

Check to see whether there is an unprinted file waiting in a printer queue. If you find one, delete it and see whether the machine sleeps properly afterward.

If that's not the issue, start the machine in Safe Mode and see whether the problem persists. Post back with results.

Macbook Pro Solid Sleep Indicator Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.