Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My smart cover is not working with the new iPad

The smart cover for my iPad 2 won't work with the new iPad. I have verified the toggle is enabled in settings. Does anyone have a solution or is experiencing the same issue? Thanks :)

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 6:10 PM

4 replies

Mar 18, 2012 4:30 PM in response to SavedByTechnology

I have this problem too. I've tried several times and it seems only work if I move it up about an inch. I tried moving a magnet around on the right edge and it does activate the screen on and off for the smart cover does not activated unless it's in the incorrect position.

I would love to also have a solution for this because that's really the coolest feature about the smart cover.

Mar 18, 2012 5:48 PM in response to Mark Booth2

Thanks Mark. I figured that was the case (no pun intended). I've already made a Genuis Bar reservation and won't leave until I have another smart cover. I already sold my iPad 2 and kept the smart cover for the new iPad. And I'm not about to hack into it to swap the magnet around. Leave it to Apple to come up with something sneaky like this.

My smart cover is not working with the new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.