Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 2:01 PM by xauld ghoti
Thomas Whaley Level 1 Level 1
expertise.video
Video

I am so screwed. Cannot see any of my projects. Cannot see external drive. Have no idea what to do. Deadline looming. Please help.

Best.

Tom

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM
Solved by Tom Wolsky on Mar 17, 2012 9:48 AM Solved

Make a folder called productionname120314_1, or something like that, and put the entire folder structure of the card into it to archive it. If you have the card you can use the archive function in the camera import window.

• Thomas Whaley Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.video
    Video

The HD shows at first, and my projects and events, then when the start up screen gets to loading compressor support, the external drive disappears. I need to get project to air soon. Starting to panic.

Best.

tom

• Tom Wolsky Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

A common cause of this is if you have a couple of drives with identical events and/or projects.

expertise.video
    Video

Hi Tom.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I just discovered the problem. I client came in today and gave me some files from a consumer camera, AVCHD files. I put them on my external. So troubleshooting tonight, I thought that might have caused the problem. Sooo...I deleted those files and now my external drive and projects are back. I have never worked with AVCHD, only .mov files. What is so different? Workflow?

By the way, love your new book.

Best.

tom

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Thank you very much Tom.

Another cause, that your AVCHD media reminded me of, is if there's a folder called Video or Stream or DCIM or something at the root level of the hard drive that FCP thinks is a camera drive, it will not show up in the event or project libraries.

expertise.video
    Video

Hi Tom. You are spot on. Now, I have a private folder/AVCHD folder/BDMV folder/and in the BDMV folder I have a clipinf folder, Index.BDM, MovieOBJ.BDM, playlist folder and Stream folder. I am so used to using .mov files, I have no idea how to import this stuff.

I am currently back working thanks to you on my project for air. But this new AVCHD material has be stumped. How do I get it into the system? The client is not coming in to cut until next week so I have time.

As always, thanks for all of your knowledge and insight.

Cheers.

Tom

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Make a folder called productionname120314_1, or something like that, and put the entire folder structure of the card into it to archive it. If you have the card you can use the archive function in the camera import window.

• xauld ghoti Level 1 Level 1

Hi Tom - I apologize for highjacking this discussion but I have your book and see where you've asnwered this question for so many other people in the past and just hoped I could get a quick answer. 

I have clips converted from my camera to what I thought was an FCE format Apple Intermediate Codec, 1920x1020 24 fps however when edited in the timeline I receive an unrendered error.  Is there a way to change the sequence settings to match the clip settings (attach screen shor of clip properties).  If I need to import the clips again which format/settings should I use?  Screen shot 2012-03-17 at 2.53.49 PM.png

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

What was the original media?  FCE doesn't support 24fps media.

The original media were mts video file from the Panasonic Lumix GH2, a digital SLR.

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Nothing you can do in FCE.

in the conversion software I'm not allowed to set it to 29.9 fps but can select a preset of 24, 25, 30, 50, 50.  Does FCE support 30 fps?

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

FCE only supports 25 and 29.97fps.

Thanks I'll try to convert the media files again to 25 fps.  Are all my other settings okay?  (last question I promise).

Screen shot 2012-03-17 at 2.53.49 PM.png

expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

The frame rate needs to be changed, and the audio sample rate needs to be 48k.

Previous 1 2 Next