Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Higher Latency in Lion

Q. is there a reason/fix for the increase in latency in lion when using the original Apogee Duet soundcard in Lion 10.7.3 through Logic Pro?

Buffer size 128 is no longer usuable - artifacts, pops, crackles (usual buffering problem symptoms), 128 was usuable with Leopard.

10.7.3 has been quite shaky all round ..........

Mobile Rig: MBP 2.33 C2D 3Gb 256Vram, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Logic Pro 9.15 (64 Bit), Automap 4 - push the machine...........

Here's the figures :

I/O buffer size = 256

Resulting Latency round trip 16ms

Click on the acutual words reading the title above in the audio/preferences pane and it changes,

now reads:

Resulting Output Latency 8ms

TIP: the yellow tool tips (OS X) when hovering inform you the speaker distance conversion - pretty cool

😉 Although very handy info,

😟I've gained 2ms at least from SL - just enough for a guitarist tracking, while using onboard plugins, to be distracted in close overdub sessions (unusable)

Using 44.1KHz sample rate to avoid dithering and extra process.................I know...........

I hope I've missed a setting or setup procedure, if anyone else could post their figures/advice,

it would be appreciated.

MBP 2.33 C2D 3Gb 256Vram-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Logic , Apogee Duet , Novation SL61

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 7:32 PM

5 replies

Higher Latency in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.