Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sub-filtering in iTunes 10.6 Smart Playlists

Okay, quick question which I just cannot seem to figure out for the life of me, in prior versions of iTunes I was able to create sub-criteria for playlists. For example, see below...

User uploaded file

As you can see, I have an "all" the the following rules, but then have an "any" within the "all". For some reaon, this option is just gone in the new iTunes. There used to be an elipsis (...) that you could click on to do this (or something like that) but now I just cannot figure out how to do this! It seems to be preserved from my past playlists, but I cannot create any new ones with sub-criteria. See the above photo, the "Any" pulldown is there, but there is no way to create a new one of those (that I can tell). Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 15" Unibody (2009), Mac OS X (10.6.5), 6GB RAM/500GB HD/3TB External • www.SiteOMite.com

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 3:27 AM

Hallo Cornelius,

if you hold down the alt/option key while pressing the +-button in the smart playlist filter panel, then the "+" should turn into the "..."-ellipses marker, at least in my iTunes version (10.6) it still does that.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

4 replies

Sub-filtering in iTunes 10.6 Smart Playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.