4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 6:41 AM by zoomie
zoomie Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I transferred the sim card from the i2 to the new i3, but cannot activate the service. My account does not even show up.

The new sim card from Apple has not arrived yet. Wonder if that will fix the problem?

Any help appreciated

• 1. Re: iPad 3 64gig wifi with 4g - Bell
    Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (123,340 points)

If a new SIM card is included with an iPad purchase in Canada, the SIM card is shipped seperately by Apple?

With my iPhones and iPad 2, the new ATT SIM card included was pre-installed.

If a Bell retail outlet is nearby, you should be able to get a new SIM card there for your new iPad.

• 2. Re: iPad 3 64gig wifi with 4g - Bell
    emilyisawesome Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I received my Rogers Sim card this morning (but my iPad failed to get to me on time, thanks to the fine folks at UPS!). I can't tell you if the old Sims are supposed to work on the new iPad since I won't get the unit til Monday... but the Micro SIM card I received today is definitely different from the one for the iPad2. It says "Micro LTE SIM card" on it so I'm pretty sure the new iPad is not compatible with the sim your iPad2 had.

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: iPad 3 64gig wifi with 4g - Bell
    Parallex33 Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)

I'm pretty sure you will have a 3G only SIM in your iPad 2 and need a 4G SIM in your new iPad

• 4. Re: iPad 3 64gig wifi with 4g - Bell
    zoomie Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks Everyone...Looks like  the old sim card may not be working.  I will wait till the new one arrives on Monday and see what happens. I was suprised that Apple did not send the sim card  together with the new unit. Guess  items are shipped from different location.

cheers.