Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete loops under "my loops"

I recently created a loop myself that i wanted to try, and now i would like to delete it.

i made a measure of piano notes, clicked add to loop library under edit.

So how do you delete this loop from the "my loops" section under loops.

(under loops, there are garageband loops, my loops, and show all)

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 9:20 AM

Hi,

afaik, there is no built-in way to delete loops from the loop library, you can only add them.

If you really want to get rid of your added loop, you have to remove it from the library and then remove it from the loop index by rebuilding the loop index.

Quit GarageBand if it is running.

Your own loop will probably be stored in your User Library:

Your home folder -> Library -> Audio -> Apple Loops -> User Loops

• Try to find your loop there and delete it.
  • The Loop Index for your loops is stored in:
    Your home folder -> Library -> Audio -> Apple Loops Index/
  • Delete the indices you find there and then launch GB again. Your Loops should now be gone from the Loop Browser.
  • Then drag all your User Loops directly onto the Lopp Browser to reindex them.

Good Luck

Léonie

P.S. your user library is hidden in MacOS Lion. To open it, use the Finder's "Go" menu:

Finder -> Go , then hold down the option key, until your Library appears in the drop-down menu, select it and navigate to the Audio folder.

Message was edited by: leonieDF corrected path name

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2012 9:20 AM in response to isiah1018

Hi,

afaik, there is no built-in way to delete loops from the loop library, you can only add them.

If you really want to get rid of your added loop, you have to remove it from the library and then remove it from the loop index by rebuilding the loop index.

Quit GarageBand if it is running.

Your own loop will probably be stored in your User Library:

Your home folder -> Library -> Audio -> Apple Loops -> User Loops

• Try to find your loop there and delete it.
  • The Loop Index for your loops is stored in:
    Your home folder -> Library -> Audio -> Apple Loops Index/
  • Delete the indices you find there and then launch GB again. Your Loops should now be gone from the Loop Browser.
  • Then drag all your User Loops directly onto the Lopp Browser to reindex them.

Good Luck

Léonie

P.S. your user library is hidden in MacOS Lion. To open it, use the Finder's "Go" menu:

Finder -> Go , then hold down the option key, until your Library appears in the drop-down menu, select it and navigate to the Audio folder.

Message was edited by: leonieDF corrected path name

Jan 3, 2013 9:17 PM in response to léonie

Good Day LeonieDF,

I have been trying to find where these loops are stored also and I just can't find them.

Am I looking in the right place (please see pics). I have both GB8 and GB9 installed and have many loops but can't find them. Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running 10.8.2 if that helps.

The loops are the ones that came with GB and some that I did a drag and drop into the loop browser.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jan 4, 2013 2:06 AM in response to ssaint6

Your screenshot are showing the loops in your User Library; there you will find the loops you created in GarageBand.

To find the system wide installed loops, look into the System Library; open your Macintosh HD (or whatever you called your system drive) and select "Library".

I'd recommend to add your system drive to the Finder's sidebar by changing the Finder's Preferences:

User uploaded file

Starting from your "Macintosh HD > Library" you will find the loops in "Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Loops" or "Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > GarageBand > Apple Loops"

Jan 4, 2013 8:47 AM in response to isiah1018

Thanks isiah1018,

I was just going to ask the same question when I saw yours. What really surprises me is there is nothing from the Help menu at all under Delete or Loops, its a Help menu how can two things like that not be there? I even printed the manual and nothing there either.

Hey "You click on the homemade loop and click the Delete button" wow I guess they can't do that the explanation is too long right?

Maybe its just me but I am amazed that Apple builds such fantastic software with so little help and direction. Thankfully we have you guys that is for sure!!!

Harry

How to delete loops under "my loops"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.