Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete photos from the Edited album in iPhoto for iOS?

No info on this...

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 10:39 AM

20 replies

Mar 17, 2012 1:59 PM in response to 1984 Mac Guru

You asked in your edited folder. That will delete it in your edited folder. If you want the picture to be deleted from your Camera Roll folder (in iPhoto) then do the same action but in that folder and it will be removed permanently within iPhoto. The photo still will be in your main Camera Roll on your phone unless you delete it from there as well.

Pick one picture and test before you start deleting everything. This works just like the regular iPhoto. The pictures in your iPhoto are like albums. You can delete them and the orgianal will still be in your main camera roll on the phone. iPhoto only duplicates the pictures from the main camara roll on the phone. Once you go into your Camera Roll through the phone (flower icon) and erase it is gone because that is the original.

Hope you followed that..

Mar 17, 2012 2:09 PM in response to 1984 Mac Guru

Funny.. Works for me.. I have done the above several times. Sorry it does not work for you. I am finding a lot of issues these days that are not working across the board. In fact I have a iPhone 4 and 4s and some apps work differently. Now some would say that is crazy but what is crazy is how features on the 4 are not working on the 4s. Some have issues of apps crashing and not working while others seem to be fine. I guess this is a perfect example...

Mar 21, 2012 7:34 AM in response to 1984 Mac Guru

I've been a little frustrated by this too. Best suggestion I can make is to start iPhoto for iOS then go to the selection of seeing all photos which is next to Albums on the primary screen of iPhoto for iOS.

Tap the ? At the top right of menu bar. Wait for the Help menu to load. Might take a fe seconds.

Once the menu loads tap View and Organize Photos

Tap Delete Photos from iPhoto. You'll see the explanation of how to delete photos which depends on how the photos got into iPhoto in the first place. You'll also get a link to info on Hiding Photos.

Mar 21, 2012 4:28 PM in response to 1984 Mac Guru

Heres how guys:

Ive just spent about an hour trying to work this out and finally managed to do it : heres how

If you click on the 'edited album' on the primary screen. This will show you the photos that you are trying to delete. Your quite right in that if you click the X it doesnt delete them, just hides them.

First make sure the photo you want to delete doesnt exist in 'Journals' or 'favourites' or any other album. If its being used elsewhere, you cant delete it from edited album.

So what I did was I deleted the journal with the photo in, then I selected the photo I want to delete in the edited album.. Then I removed the caption I had put on it by clicking the edit button, click the caption and deleting the caption in the normal way.

Then I clicked on the cog at the bottom right of the screen and reverted to the original photo to remove the changes i had made with contrast, colour etc.

Then I came out of the 'edited' albums. The photo I want to delete then magically appears in a new album in the primary screen called 'Photo Box' which wasnt there before. If you go into this and select the photo, then select the cog, there is an option to delete it.,,,, and its then gone for good...I think!!

Its not at all obvious and I managed it only by reading the help on deleting a photo - the line that made the penny drop is where it states that if anything is changed on the originally imported photo ie: if you add a caption, use it in journals, mark it as favourite etc etc then it will remain in the edited album until you remove everuything you did to the origonal.

Hope this helps. 😮)

Mar 26, 2012 5:04 AM in response to s1mplesimon

This only worked for few photos. I still have three photos stuck in the edited folder.

They are not beefing used in any journal or album. I removed them using the photo app, so when I list all photos they are not there, but they still show in the edited photos folder on iPhoto.

Anyone has any suggestions? This bug is really annoying and I don't understand how can a simple function as delete be so complicated on the iPhoto app....

Mar 26, 2012 8:13 AM in response to Euphoria_MK

Hi, Just as @s1mplesimon suggested, if you go into your edited folder, sellect your photo, then touch the edit button, next touch the icon in the lower right corner (this is the "options" icon), then touch the "Revert" button (it's the red button), the photo will dissappears . When u do this to all three remaining photos then the edited folder will disappear.

If this does not work, then I would just delete and then reinstall the iPhoto app. Maybe there is just a glitch somewhere , so just download the app again.. Hope it helps....

How do you delete photos from the Edited album in iPhoto for iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.