Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad battery not charging.

New Ipad battery not charging. used ipad Dock, laptop, and wall power outlet.

now battery level at 64%

any help please

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 9:43 PM

28 replies

Mar 17, 2012 9:51 PM in response to antoinemaz

Hi ....

Try resetting your iPad ..

Hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button down at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If that didn't help, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Then restart the iPad.

Restart your device: Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off. After it is off, press the power button to turn it back on.

You won't lose any data, apps, photos, etc., as a result of a reset.

iPad: Charging the battery

What to do if your iPad battery will not charge | MyAppWorld.com

Mar 17, 2012 10:02 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank for responding, unfrtunately no luck. Been experimenting with the issue for more than 3 hours by now

reset all, turned off , waited on again. still not charging. tried many wall outlet, laptop very active, Dock brand new,

IF power adapter is bad, then why usb cord directly from laptop is not helping.

first thing in the morning I'll check with nearest Apple store in person

Thank you

Mar 18, 2012 8:30 AM in response to antoinemaz

It will probably NOT charge off of your computer USB, it requires more juice that the USB port can supply (though mine charges if the iPad is off, just bery slow). Not sure what DOCK you have, but this could also be the issue.

What you may have is just a bad AC adapter. Try powering the iPad off, and leave it connected to the computer for a few hours, and see if the battery goes up any at all. If it does, I suspect the adapter.

Mar 18, 2012 10:04 AM in response to gwforeman

it's brand new Ipad Dock from Apple store.

UPDATE:

First customer at Apple store this morning to check on the NewIpad.

They found out that the power adapter that came in the box was faulty.

Replaced it and, voila, CHARGING .

the Dock is good as the power cord is. only the adapter was bad.

As for charging from laptop USB port, the IPAD charged when connected to a laptop at the Apple store. But connecting to my laptop was no good.( Acer ASPIRE 5740-6378, 3 USB ports connections showed NOT CHARGING)

Thanks to All of you

New Ipad battery not charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.