Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to install dedicated video memory/graphics

I want to install dedicated video memory. I have macbook pro 13 inch late 2011 model with intel hd 3000 graphics. If not possible can i install additional ram and dedicate it to video graphics.

I want to play games like GTA 4 and other semi high end games that require dedicated memory cards.

Please tell me a fix.

pranav429@gmail.com

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 2:06 AM

4 replies

Mar 18, 2012 6:51 AM in response to Courcoul

I just bought this 😝 perhaps wont sell it ever, Saved a whole lot money for a year for a macbook. I wanted to use final cut and stuff,
I read that if you upgrade the ram to 8 gb you may get something like 512 mb of video dedicated memory, currently it is 384.

Guess, I made a somewhat okay choice.

and glad that i did not go for sony or other brand, coz mac may be a lil expensive, but it is an experience in its own.

like th feel of operating system , and everything is so coll, the multitouch pad, is so convenient.

I want to install dedicated video memory/graphics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.