Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud not syncing bookmarks properly anymore.

icloud isn't syncing bookmarks properly anymore. It was working fairly well for a while there. I seem to have some instances of bookmark deletion being replicated but not bookmark addition. This isn't consistent though. I don't have any major duplication of hundreds of bookmarks (yet) but my new ones aren't always appearing everywhere as they used to.

A quick search on twitter shows that this is becoming more and more common.

I've already submitted feedback to Apple about this. I suggest everyone else having problems do the same.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 3:43 AM

22 replies

Apr 18, 2012 11:40 AM in response to David Goodson

I too was having issues as well. I added a bookmark on my desktop computer and it did not update on my macbook air but it did update my bookmarks on my iOS devices.

On my macbook air, I went to the iCloud preference pane and unchecked "Bookmarks" and then checked it again.

I opened up Safari and the new bookmark is now there.

On both machines, I am running 10.7.3 and the latest Safari version (5.1.5).

Not sure if this helps anyone else.

I have run into these issues in the past as well with iCloud.

May 27, 2012 2:42 PM in response to David Goodson

I am new to the Apple Support Communities. I am having the same problem with iCloud not updating my bookmarks on my other Apple devices (iPad, MacAir, and iMac). I tried the fix that superlum suggested and it worked once, but it isn't a permanent fix. When I added bookmarks after that or changed bookmarks, they didn't sync. The bookmark syncing used to work very well for me.

My question is, "How do you provide Apple feed back on this problem to make them aware of it?"

Thanks for your help.

May 31, 2012 8:02 PM in response to David Goodson

I found this on another post in Apple Forums, so I copied and pasted it here: Bookmarks not syncing to Mac (scroll down to "binaryBytes" post or just read it below)

"I was having the same issue as well - iCloud Safari bookmarks were syncing on my iPhone and iPad but not on my Macbook Air or Macbook Pro. Here is what I did and it started working perfectly:

1. Turned off iCloud bookmark syncing on my Macbook Air

2. Quit Safari

3. Turned on iCould bookmark syncing back. It warned me that all my bookmarks will be 'merged' and I agreed since the two computers were almost identical anyway.

4. Opened Safari and all my bookmarks were synced! A few extra bookmarks on my iMac were added to Macbook Air and any new bookmarks I had added to Macbook Air showed up on my iMac."

I hope this helps resolve your issues. It resolved mine. 🙂

icloud not syncing bookmarks properly anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.