Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating to a new user id

I recently upgraded to Office 2011 and when trying to open Outlook I have an error message saying that it cannot open this id with this version of Outlook.

As suggested on another forum, I created a new user account on my MacBook and opened Outlook succesfully.

Now my question is, how to migrate all my files and settings to this new user account? Also do not wish to lose as my bookmarks and saved passwords.

I guess i also need to make the new user the administrator.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 1:50 AM

8 replies

Mar 19, 2012 8:00 AM in response to JPDeM

Have you had this problem with Outlook 2011 for Mac - "this identity cannot be opened with this version of Outlook"? DON'T PANIC. This happens when you uninstall or delete a copy of Outlook 2011 that has been updated by the autoupdate process, then try to reinstall the version that came on DVD. The process upgraded your Outlook database to a new version your older Outlook doesn't recognize. Just install Outlook from the DVD and run "Check for Updates" from the main menu on any other Office application. You should be fine after the update.

Taken from

http://salmagnone.typepad.com/lab09/2011/05/outlook-2011-for-mac-identity-cannot -be-opened-error.html

Migrating to a new user id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.