Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S 3G not working

Before the recent upgrade to 5.1 I had 3G all the time. Since the upgrade I still have 3G 'on' but it does not work. The only way I can access 3G is if I turn 3G off and put Cellualr Data on. When I do 3G appears in the bar across the top and I can access emails and web etc. Bizarre. I have not change my Carrier/Account - anything, just upgraded to 5.1. As I have no idea what Cellualr Data is and if it's costing me money, I currently have CD and 3G turned off which is annoying as I need to get my emails etc., for my job.

Can anyone help, I wish to get back to it working the way it should with just 3G on?

iPhone 4, iOS 5, iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:38 AM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2012 2:08 AM in response to wjosten

Hi,

This does not really solve the problem. Before the upgrade I use to just slide Enable 3G to on, the 3G icon [when 3G was available] appeared in the top bar and I received my emails, got online etc. I never had Cellular Data on.

After the upgrade when I enable 3G, nothing happens but if I turn Cellular Data on I get the 3G icon in the bar and can receive emails and go online. Same if I have 3G not enabled but Cellular Data on - what I am saying is that after the upgrade enabling 3G does nothing at all. The only way I can get 3G is if I have Cellular Data on [with or without 3G enabled].

Surely this isn't right?

iPhone 4S 3G not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.