Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you save a newly created paragraph style?

I've created a new paragraph style, but when I open a new document, the paragraph style is no longer in the styles draw. I then have to recreate it, but the same thing happens again when I create a new blank doc. Anyway to stop this from happening?

Cheers

Rhys

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 6:08 AM

Solved this. Created the para style, then saved the whole doc as a template. Now when I open the saved template, the para style is there. Bit annoying you can't just save the para style to work with any template, including blank, but never mind.

Rhys

3 replies

Mar 18, 2012 7:51 AM in response to Rhys Bethell

You can import and replace any styles you want from other documents, but templates are templates. That is what they are for.

Styles are document specific for a reason. Imagine the fun and games if the styles in one document changed the behavior of same name style in other unopened documents. You would be chasing your tail forever.

Someone would send you a file and it would inexplicably change layout and appearance just because your styles didn't match.

Peter

How do you save a newly created paragraph style?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.