Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband won't let me import seemingly random audio files.

These are .wav files that I recorded using a handheld recorder and imported into itunes. It let me import one recording and not another from the same session. This is really putting a major halt my work as I'm a sound designer and I need to be able to count on being able to import my recordings to complete projects. Any advice?

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 9:46 AM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2012 2:21 PM in response to HangTime

My only issue with that is that two .wav files both recorded back to back on the same recorder, same memory card,and in same file format without changing any settings or recording for vastly differently lengths of time one of them imports into itunes as per usual while the other is not recognized. Both were moved into itunes at the same time, and both show up in the itunes playlist as displayed in garageband when I attempt to drag the file into itunes it doesn't highlight the box and won't let me drag it in.

Clearly these files are not protected files, and clearly its not an internal format issue as files of the same file type and even from the same source are being imported with no problem. That being said your answer didn't really help.

[Also.. Way to clearly only read my post's title. Gold star.]

I've switched over to a different editor anyhow, but its still frustrating.

Garageband won't let me import seemingly random audio files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.