Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long to charge new iPad battery?

I plugged mine in around 9am, it is now 5pm and my new iPad is only 90% charged...HUH?

It is also draining faster than a maple syrup tree.

What's up? Do I have a lemon?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 1:54 PM

11 replies

Mar 19, 2012 8:01 AM in response to pputnam

When I first opened up the New iPad I let it completely die off before plugging it in for the first time. The last two times I have recharged it, it has taken me between 5 & 6 hours to recharge the battery. It hasn't taken longer than this, and if it is taking longer than that such as 10 hours to recharge, I cannot see why you shouldn't reach out to Apple and ask about such a massive disparity.

Mar 19, 2012 3:08 PM in response to pputnam

It is a bigger battery and only a 10 watt charger so it is going to take a while to charge this battery. I suggest charging it overnight. I have been getting 10 hours out of mine and when I am home I make sure to place it on the charger.

If you are using your ipad and charging it at the same time you may see that the power actually goes down instead of up. The LTE and Retina eat up a lot of juice. I am hoping the Apple comes out with a more powerful charger to charge this up faster.

How long to charge new iPad battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.