Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had 2 documents in iCloud, 1 is there and 1 isnt after update

I had 2 document in Pages; my history and science notes. i updated to ios 5.1 and they were supposed to redownload from icloud. What happened was i got 'ghosts' or grayed out icons of the documents. I deleted and reinstalled pages and when i opened up pages it gave me a choice to use icloud. I clicke use icloud. Then for my 2 documents, a mesage popped up for both of them saying that there are 2 copies of this document in the cloud. For each, it showed the 2 copies said to be there. the top choice thumbnail was a grayed out pages icon an the bottom choice for both was a white page with words (obviously my notes). Not knowing what the grayed out icon meant, i clicked the thumbnail of a document for my history and my science notes. Later i checked and saw that my science notes worked and my history notes were unclickable. I went to icloud.com and my science notes were downloadable but history notes were not. It seems that my history magically disappeared. Not happy about this at all. If you can provide any help at all i will be very happy. Thanks!!

iPod touch, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:49 PM

You might try downloading then from iCloud.com, however they may also be corrupt there too.
Moving forward, may I suggest that you backupyour work in iCloud to iTunes on your iOS device.

3 replies

Mar 26, 2012 5:55 PM in response to Winston Churchill

i actually did try this immediately and as you pointed out, the document is also corrupted. Apple cant do anything bc i dont have a warranty on my iPod touch anymore. I refuse to buy "one instance" of it bc they cant garauntee that they can retrieve it for me. If they garaunteed it, maybe they'll get my 30$...probably not because i dont exactly need the specific document...

I had 2 documents in iCloud, 1 is there and 1 isnt after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.