Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which is better, Netgear N900 or Airport Extreme?

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 8:43 PM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2012 1:08 AM in response to Gpcn

Gpcn,

I'm going to highly recommend the new Airport Extreme. I've been having all sorts of wifi and networking issues because of the saturated 2.4 GHz spectrum in my surrounding neighborhood.

I finally bit the bullet on friday night and purchased the Airport Extreme. I could not be happier!

I used to top out at around 8 Mbit/s download and 1 Mbit/s upload with my older Linksys setup. Now i'm getting 40+ Mbit/s and 2 Mbit/s respectively. 🙂

Not only that, but i'm no longer dropping my wifi with my devices (latops, iPads, iPhone, etc). It's very consistent and the speeds are amazing!

Sure it may be pricier than others, but it's worth every penny. The setup is very easy and you get Three Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting computers or network devices as well as built-in NAT support for security. You are better off getting the Airport Extreme.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.