Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS and account lockout policy

We have account lockout policy enabled on our AD. When a user's password expires and he changes it and not update his exchange account password on his iOS device his account will get locked out almost immediately -- as it should.

Is there anyway around this that does not involve the user?

What I basically want is when a user changes his account password and not update his password in iOS is to have iOS try to authenticate, fail and then prompt the user for the new credentials.

That happens exactly with one big exception, iOS will not stop trying to authenticate which will cause the account to be locked.

How many time does iOS tries to authenticate before giving up?

Does iOS keeps trying even after it prompts the user for the new password?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 10:48 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2012 10:59 AM in response to ams_0

I'm having the same problem, although I cannot use my Ipad at all for anything because it will not let me do anything. It asks for my new exchange password, which I enter, but it will not accept it. It will not cancel either; so my Ipad is now useless until I get this problem resolved. In the meantime, I will use my Blackberry Playbook, which works seamlessly with Exchange and has never locked me out for any reason. I like the Ipad, but is ALOT more glitchy than Blackberry products, at least in the environment I work it, AKA the real world.

iOS and account lockout policy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.