Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error downloading Remote app (error 408): how do I fix this?

Hello.

I have been trying to download the app Remote from iTunes for the past two weeks without success. I had Remote installed and happily working, but earlier in the month the latest Remote update was probably broken and the app cannot be updated or re-downloaded from iTunes, the error I get is 408.

I am experiencing this both on my mac mini running Lion 10.7 and my iphone running iOS 5.1

Can anyone help? This could be easely fixed if the old application could be reinstalled....

Thanks

Joe

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 8:41 AM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2012 2:52 AM in response to joeslomp

Well, the problem has been solved. After all, it was not an iTunes problem at all, it was a modem issue. I reset the modem to its basic configuration, then with the support of my isp I reconfigured it from scratch and the problem went away.

The thing that prompted me to modem investigation was the fact that I got error 408 also on another program this morning (a voip program just downloaded from iTunes in fact!). So, two error 408, one apparently related to iTunes, the other one completely unrelated from iTunes, that to me meant that iTunes was not the culprit.

Error downloading Remote app (error 408): how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.