4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 9:23 AM by BB623
BB623 Level 4 Level 4 (1,160 points)

I have all generations and the auto brightness on the 3rd generation seems darker than prior versions.  I know I can adjust but find it darker.  It this by design?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Hunter 21 Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)

You can switch off Auto-brightness by going to Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper > Auto-brightness > OFF. After that, slide the brightness to your desired intensity, and the iPad won't automatically readjust it for you.

• BB623 Level 4 Level 4 (1,160 points)

I like using auto so I don't have to switch from outside to inside but the display looks good (no yellowish tint for me) but just looks a little darker when Auto brightness is enabled.  I didn't know if this was just me with bad eye sight or others have noticed this as well.

• Hunter 21 Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)

You are right. Auto brightness is quite dark for me. If I roll my Smart Cover slowly, the auto brightness is dark, but if I roll it quickly, the brightness slowly increases to a desirable intensity. After that incident, I disabled the auto brightness and cranked up the brightness to slightly over a quarter way up so I don't have to readjust it indoors and outdoors.

• BB623 Level 4 Level 4 (1,160 points)

Good to hear it is not just me.