Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I open rtf files in pages?

I just bought a "New iPad" (iPad3)

I am am to succesfully sync .doc files from my MacBook running Lion over to pages on my ipad using itunes.

Then I can sucessfully edit the .doc files.

But when I try it with .rtf files, I can see them on my ipad, but it won't open them.

I want to be able to move all my documents over to my ipad, but I don't want to have to convert each file individually to a .doc just so I can edit them on ipad.

Thanks for your help!

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 10:17 AM

9 replies

Feb 22, 2014 10:38 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I have been reading and finding all kinds of work-arounds but why would Apple release a word processing app, Pages, that won't open .rtf files from apps like TextEdit from within Pages? Seems like poor planning. I know there are ways to do it but they seem more tedious than just being able to open Pages and import a .rtf file from TextEdit or similar. Jusut my $.02.

😕

Feb 22, 2014 12:44 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

It makes sense from a certain point of view, I'll admit. I did leave feedback as I use both the iOS and the Mac version. I like it although I never had used previous version before. I just always used TextEdit but after my wife needed more capability for her school and Pages came preloaded on her iPad Mini, I added it to my iPad and Mac for collaborative reasons. It would be a feature I would like to see in the software so that document conversion would be more seamless. Oh well. Hope for the best and plan for the worse. 😝

how can I open rtf files in pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.