Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove blank space left from Images Word import

Hi all,

I'm working on a document which has been imported from Word, because of the conversion process a lot of images (that where pasted directly from Powerpoint in Word) didn't get converted properly and ended up in different part of the resulting Pages document.

The issue is that the images were found somewhere else, but the space they were occupying in the document was left ..sometimes in that space I find a squared frame which I can easily remove but some other times I just find a blank space which is impossible to remove or select.

This results in breaking the text for 10-13 lines. It is impossible to make the text filling this space. I can assure I cannot select this area with any tool (also by selecting 'make master objects selectable') and Im using the 'show invisibles' mode.

Please any suggestion or advise?😀

Im available to send a part of the document so anyone may check if wants to help me..

Thanks a lot

cheers 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 11:05 AM

9 replies

Mar 20, 2012 7:51 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Hi Jerry thanks for your possible help 🙂, please find below a part of the text Im working, the issue is at the end of page 16 where I highlighted in yellow the text, I cannot get rid of the space at page 16:

Sorry if the document is in Italian and it is quite understanble for all you..

http://www.wupload.com/file/2677565317/example_of_my_problem.pages

I had to put it on wupload because the file is 77MB, sorry!!!
..and I dunno why...the whole document is 264 pages and is 77,8 MB I thought that only 17 pages were less...

I think thisis another BIG ISSUE thie FILE:.I think there is something hidden in it which is subtracting space...

Actually whne I imported the original document from Word it became 100MB, then I got rid of all the images but still 77MB, in word it was just 12MB with images..

Any more idea/suggestions about this size issue please?

Thanks a lot to everyone

cheers

simo

PS

in some of the footnotes there are some citation I imported using Endnote x5, but this is not affecting too much the size, as before these citations when I imported the document were not

Mar 20, 2012 7:43 PM in response to Seeker78

Ciao Seeker78

I've looked at your file and I am stumped. Everything that could possible cause the text to jump has no affect whatsoever.

I tried cleaning the text by passing it through a plain text document and repasting but it is clearly an artifact of that page only.

This is how I eliminated it.

1. Copy the text from that page plus the footnote into a separate document

2. Insert a Section break just before the page and just after

3. Click on the page in the page thumbnails and Delete it

4. Delete any section break left where the page used to be and repaste in your text and insert the footnote again.

This fixes the problem which I believe is an artifact of the conversion from Word.

Peter

How to remove blank space left from Images Word import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.