Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An App for that?

Let us say I am a leader of a small firm with 15 employees. Every day I assign different "work stations" for each employee. I can do this on a daily or a weekly basis. I would like to be able to print or distribute this plan to everyone so that everyone knows where he/she is supposed to be working, and so that everyone knows where the collueges are and what their schedule is for that day.

An App for that?????

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 10:56 AM

10 replies

Mar 19, 2012 2:33 PM in response to varjak paw

Let us say we have an App where I can enter names of employees, enter different work stations, then pick a spesific day and assign a spesific employee to work there this day. Or the other way around, pick a work station and assign a spesific employee to work there. The App can then present this schedlule in different ways, like send info to each employees calendar, produce a document that shows where everyone is working a spesific day, or a document showing the shifts for a longer period of time, send these documents to a dropbox folder and so on.

If a look in App Store for "work schedule" I find a lot of Apps, but not quite what I am looking for. I hoped maybe someone was using an App like this and could reccomend it

Mar 19, 2012 2:56 PM in response to viking bear

Such an app probably indeed won't exist, at least not exactly as you wish it, and probably would need to be developed specifically for your needs. It might be possible to built this in a database application such as FileMaker Pro and then deploy it using FileMaker Go, but without sitting down and plotting it out, I can't be certain it would do the job.

Regards.

Mar 19, 2012 10:23 PM in response to varjak paw

OK, thanks anyway. I am no developer and have not the knowledge of how you can design such an app.

But what about an app like "share a bill"? doesn´t it do some of the same things? You enter participants in an event, enter different categories and enter different amounts in each category. ANd in the end you get a work sheet that shows how all the expenses are divided between the participants?

Mar 20, 2012 5:20 AM in response to viking bear

I don't know - have never seen that app, and I'm thinking if someone in this discussion had they would have mentioned it. Sounds like you know as much about Share A Bill as the rest of us. 😁 I suggest you either contact the developer, to ask about your specific needs, or post a new thread with Share A Bill as the title and see if someone else who has tried the app can give you help.

Mar 20, 2012 7:09 AM in response to viking bear

viking bear wrote:

But what about an app like "share a bill"? doesn´t it do some of the same things? You enter participants in an event, enter different categories and enter different amounts in each category. ANd in the end you get a work sheet that shows how all the expenses are divided between the participants?

Sorry, but what about it? It doesn't look to me like it does at all what you were asking about. It's a way to split a restaurant bill between people, not a way to schedule work assignments.

I really don't think that you're going to find anything that's going to meet your needs exactly. But I think perhaps I understand better what you're looking for, and perhaps this might be more on the correct line:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/schedule-tech/id433044965?mt=8

though the reviews are rather mixed.

Regards.

An App for that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.