Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse that won't scroll

Hi, I have got a new magic mouse but it does not scroll, the scrolling feature does not show in mouse preferences, it only shows tracking speed and double-click speed. In Bluetooth preferences it says the mouse is connected and paired, but in Keyboard & Mouse Bluetooth preferences the keyboard name is there and it shows the battery level, but shows no name or battery level for the mouse. Please can anyone help? Thank you. x

iMac (intel)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 12:49 PM

If you're on 10.5.8 as your profile indicates then you need this update for Magic Mouse support.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL951

Regards,

Captfred

Edit: Also check the preferences in System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse tab

7 replies

Mar 25, 2012 8:37 PM in response to captfred

My wireless Magic Mouse has been working fine for a long time, but now all functions work except the page scroll. I have changed mouse batteries, restarted mouse, updated iMac software, checked System Preferences for Mouse (switched on and off natural scroll) - no luck.

So all other mouse functions work but NOT scroll which is obviously vital. Can you assist please? iMac running 10.7.3

Thanks

Jan 11, 2014 8:25 PM in response to captfred

I just did a migration to new computer/startup disc and had the same problem. Went through numerous pages of Apple support and troubleshooting... none of which mentioned this download! Why one has to search through the communities to get this kind of basic info I don't know, but thank you Captfred.

I also can't understand why it wouldn't be an automatic software update either, but then I suppose I am using an 'obsolete' OS. BS!!!

Magic mouse that won't scroll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.