Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Iphone 3GS 5.1 tones NOT syncing

Help, i have been trying to sync my ringtones to my iphone 3gs. i bought them on my 3gs from itunes quite abit ago and when i updated my software they obviously was taken off. and they are on itunes, they show up in the tones part but when i click on sync button on my iphone they dont sync...they say they have but when i go on my phone they are NOT there!!!

some please help me!! by the way yes i am using the newest Itunes, and newest iphone 3gs software

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 1:56 PM

6 replies

Mar 19, 2012 2:10 PM in response to joebentaylor

Confirm that:

• Your computer is authorized for the Apple ID you used to purchase these ringtones (iTunes>Store>Authorize this computer)
  • You have selected to sync ringtones on the Tones tab of your iTunes sync preferences
  • You have check marks next to the ringtones you want to sync
  • You have checked "Sync only checked songs and videos" on the Summary tab of your iTunes sync settings
  • That the file is actually a ringtone (right-click on the file, select "Get Info", on the Summary tab it should say "Kind: Ringtone". ("Account Name:" will tell your the Apple ID used to purchase it for the first point above.)

Help! Iphone 3GS 5.1 tones NOT syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.