The other day I was going to sync my IPod with my music library using ITunes. I opened ITunes and it requested I download an update and install which I did. The program was working correctly. I had downloaded some new music and saved it to My Music folder and because ITunes doesn’t automatically update it music library based on the changes I made to My Music folder. I had to manually add the folders. ITunes analyzed the folders and started Determining Gapless Playback Information and it came up with the error window:
"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
Now, every time I try to open ITunes it gives me the same error.
What have I tried?
1) I tried restarting the PC.
2) I rolled back to a restore point a couple of days earlier (before glitch and before install of new ITunes) and tried open the program again. Same error;
3) Did a complete uninstall and re-install as per apple website (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923) - I did the right order of everything, went through and did the verifying that everything is deleted etc. I downloaded the absolute newest ITunes 64 bit for the new install. Still comes up with the error upon startup;
4) As per http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363?viewlocale=en_US I have tried doing the "Disable conflicting System Services and Startup Items" and even with almost nothing running, when I start up iTunes, it says that not all components required for operation are available, do you want iTunes to repair... to which I say yes... then it tries to start up ITunes and fails... again.
5) As per https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2600089 this is a copy of the problem report.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iTunes.exe
Application Version: 10.6.0.40
Application Timestamp: 4f56cf56
Fault Module Name: iTunes.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.6.0.40
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f56cf0f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001c7a4d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 2871436136