Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ipad-remember names and passwords

What's the trick to getting the iPad to retain sign in information? I have it turned on in safari. Been struggling with this since last Friday. It is finally keeping my Facebook sign in. I belong to Napp...and it might be retaining that one right now, but when I click on a link to open another page on that same site, it wants me to log in again(I have it set to open a new tab). It won't retain the sign in for this site nor a few of my other regular ones. I shut it off at night. I've toggled on and off...what am I missing? Not fun. Thanks.

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 3:05 PM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2012 4:14 PM in response to dmrdsm

Specifically ...

Go to Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies>From visited. Safari will keep cookies from websites that you visit.

and ....

Settings>Safari>AutoFill>On>Names and Passwords>On

Private Browsing must be turned off as well or none of your information will be retained.

If you cannot get it to work, quit Safari completely and restart the iPad and then check the settings again.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

New ipad-remember names and passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.