Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Events Not Showing Up In Events But In Last Import

I have a peculiar problem. I decided to move my iPhoto library to my external HDD, as my old trusty MacBook is going to my wife, but I don't want to put my personal photos (all 174Gb of them) on my new company owned MBP. The external HDD was the solution...or so I thought. I did this over the weekend, expecting NEW events to be listed under Events.

Not so, thus far. All of my new events, my almost 1600 photos I have taken for the new year, have been placed in Last Import. I see them, without problem there, but I want them in Events. I even did a further importation of photos, after the 1600 import, and everything is still listed under Last Import. I feel like I should have just started a new library and have the old one as archive or something. I am not happy, but I could be if I could find out how to move the Events under Last Import (because I manually sorted the photos and put them into different Events).

Please advise me what I could or should do. I feel like starting over with a new library altogether, which I would prefer not to do.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4Gb RAM, 500GB HDD

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 3:40 PM

Please do now worry about it. I found the answer. I knew the photos had been there the whole time, but just couldn't find the Events. What you do is

1. In Last Import, select a photo
  2. Right-click on that photo and select the option "Show Event"
  3. You will note that the sidebar will suddenly have shifted you from Last Import to Events.
  4. When you go to All Events, you will see that all of your Events are there, as they were manually named.
  5. To be sure, in case you don't see them, on the menu bar, click on View>Sort>by date, or however you wish for them to be sorted.

I hope it helps. It helped me.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2012 3:40 PM in response to Canam Carlo

Please do now worry about it. I found the answer. I knew the photos had been there the whole time, but just couldn't find the Events. What you do is

1. In Last Import, select a photo
  2. Right-click on that photo and select the option "Show Event"
  3. You will note that the sidebar will suddenly have shifted you from Last Import to Events.
  4. When you go to All Events, you will see that all of your Events are there, as they were manually named.
  5. To be sure, in case you don't see them, on the menu bar, click on View>Sort>by date, or however you wish for them to be sorted.

I hope it helps. It helped me.

New Events Not Showing Up In Events But In Last Import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.