Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirroring on ATV to play games

On the ATV pages of the Apple site there's a graphic showing someone playing a racing game on their iPad, mirrored on their TV.

I've gotten as far as seeing a game mirrored on the TV OK, but there's so much lag, stop, start and stutter, that it renders gameplay useless. Testing my connection speed, I'm getting about 20MB.

Is there anything I can do to make this work any better?

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 5:42 PM

6 replies

Mar 19, 2012 7:43 PM in response to Iain MacDonald1

20Mbps is the "weak link" in the chain but that's a lot. I would not think that that is your problem.

First, try a system reset on the iPad. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until the screen blacks out or you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

Then, do a reset on the Apple TV. I forget the sequence but it's in the setup somewhere.

Mirroring on ATV to play games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.