Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to add/download missing/extra Apple Loops to iPad version?

Well the topic says it all... Is it possible? Because the numbers indicate that there are more loops somewhere? (i dont have a mac, just ipod and ipad)

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 5:53 PM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2012 5:25 AM in response to Khser

You can download new loops from somewhere like http://www.macloops.com/ or use other samples of your own., e.g. those included with GarageBand on a Mac (I'm assuming you are entitled to reuse these in your own projects.)

Once you've located the files you want to add this is how to get them into your songs...

Adding audio sample to GarageBand

Connect the device to iTunes, select it in the left-hand column, open the Apps tab, scroll down to File Sharing, select GarageBand, add files with the button or drag and drop onto the file area. Files should be uncompressed audio in AIFF, WAV, CAF or Apple Loops format at 16bit, 44.1 kHz, stereo.

Insert audio sample into song

Open song in GarageBand on iPad, switch to Tracks view, stop if playing and tap |< symbol to reset the insert point, tap the loop tool, then tap on Audio Files. Preview your samples and drag into the project the same way as you would for the built-in loops.

tt2

Feb 15, 2013 6:36 AM in response to Khser

If like me you have logic pro with gigs of sample loops its frustrating that they are there on the mac and in garageband and logic song but not on usuable easily on the iPad. Why I can't just import loops I have purchase is a mystery. However, I discovered if you can get the garagband song off the mac and into the iPad then miraculously all the samples in the song can be cut and pasted into other songs.

Now it isn't just a matter of putting the song into itunes and the files for the Mac and iPad Garageband are diffierent. The XML package which is the Garageband Song File has to be changed before a Garageband Mac file will be downloadable to the iPad. This can be done manually but is time consuming and tedious. After doing it manually a few times and making mistakes, I have created an Applescript Application to do this called:

Garageband Mac to iPad Oneshot Converter

I have made a video of the converter in use which I have post on my Youtube ' fixed1t ' pages. This Application and the video solves the question above and shows the song file on the mac being moved and running on the iPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruT-dUhh2c

There is a link on the Description of the fixed1t youtube video to enable viewers to download a trial version. The link will also allow viewers to purchase a copy once you have tried i, but you are under no obligation to do so the trial is completely free. I am selling it for £5 UK and I will receive over £4 of this should you decide to purchase using the PayPal link.

Please try it out, even if you don't wish to buy it.

Thanks Malcolm (aka fixed1t)

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

<Edited by Host>

Is it possible to add/download missing/extra Apple Loops to iPad version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.