Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manage Devices Shows my New iPad as iPad 2

When I sign into my iTunes Account via iTunes, and go to Account Information, then choose Manage Devices, my New iPad shows as "iPad2 Wi-Fi + 3G. I probably would not have noticed, but I'm ALSO having problems with iMatch recognizing the New iPad. Apple Express Lane Support wanted me to go to this page to check on my devices. We deleted my original iPad, but now the page shows my iMac, my iPhone4, and the iPad2. The date associated with the iPad2 is March 16, 2012 which is the date I purchased my New iPad and associated it with the iMac in our home office.

Does anyone else show incorrect device details in Manage Devices from the iStore Account menus? Apple Express Lane Support was not able to help at all. I have screen shots, but they don't accept e-mail and cannot (or will not) access my account to see what I'm seeing. According to what Apple tells me, I stood in line two hours on Friday to purchase an iPad2 for full price.

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 5.1, New iPad

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 5:55 PM

7 replies

Mar 20, 2012 2:20 AM in response to kcc6vert

My new iPad isn't even listed in the devices in my iTunes account. It also isn't listed in the left pane under devices with my iPhone and iPod Touch. It also won't sync to my iMac unless it is physically tethered. When I go to the sync button in Settings>General>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync it says: Sync will resume when iMac is available. My iMac is ALWAYS available. hmmm. I also did not get the low battery (red indicator, 20% dismiss) button when my battery got down to 20%. Also in iBooks, I have nothing showing even though I have quite a few books in my iBooks Library. Curiouser and curiouser..... Other than that? No problems at all, LOL.

Apr 9, 2012 11:34 PM in response to kcc6vert

Mine says ipad2 with 3G wifi. but it is thicker and heavier and the screen seems clearer, so I think unless you think you really have an ipad 2 by mistake, you could relax, and read a book on your ipad 3. and if the resolution is no sharper, don't relax, go to the shop and see what they say ! as for 3g, well, the whole 4G thing in Australia was a fizzer, so maybe consumer affairs want it to say 3G.....

Manage Devices Shows my New iPad as iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.