Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very little connectivity with iPhone 3GS

Hi, I bought a german Iphone 3 GS from a friend who had used it in a contract with SIM-Lock but that contract expired, she had it unlocked and then sold it to me. The phone accepted my SIM-Card and would let me set up but then it had no connectivity in my room, where my previous phone had FULL reception. I thought the phone might not accept my provider or the antenna was broken or something but I took the thing for a walk and somewhere along the way it must have connected because I got a text message from my girlfriend. However, when I checked it, it had already lost connection again.

Turning Wi-Fi, 3G and/or Bluetooth off didn't change a thing.

The phone was and is fully updated to iOS5 and the new baseband, I didn't try any phishy unlockings or jailbreaks and I had my iTunes reset it. My Genius Bar appointment is not for another week and I figured I could ask around whether anybody has had those problems yet.

Thanks for the help! Simon

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:02 AM

There are no replies.

Very little connectivity with iPhone 3GS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.