Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Apple TV (V1) to my Airport Extreme via ethernet/crossover? I'm having troubles.

I've spent the last couple of couple of days trying to set this up, so....

My modem is connected to the wall, and my airport extreme.

The airport extreme (7.6.1) is connected via ethernet to my 20" iMac (10.7.3) and a USB printer.

Before now, I have been using wi-fi for the Apple TV for internet and access to files on the iMac.

I installed 2 ethernet cables, one regular AND an ethernet crossover cable through my walls. I've tried with both cables, but my Apple TV does not appear in iTunes, or in the Airport Utility.

Using the Crossover cable, the LED is lights up on both ends (Apple TV and Airport), so this is probably the one to use.

The firewall on my mac is disabled, and my Airport is in Bridge mode.

The modem itself will picks up the Apple TV listed twice, but I am unsure if these are sumiltaneous (wifi and ethernet, I assume), as the license lasts for 24 hours, and it's been forced to swith between wired/wifi within that time.

What could I be doing wrong?

(PS iTunes is up to date, as is the apple TV)

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 4:57 AM

4 replies

How do I connect my Apple TV (V1) to my Airport Extreme via ethernet/crossover? I'm having troubles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.