Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi In FCP X ???

Hi --

Got a nice Motion 5 Effect going in FCP X.

In Motion 5, I have assigned midi control parameters to certain sliders. Works perfectly in Motion...

When I launch the same effect in FCP X - the midi controllers cease to work...

So my Q is this: Is FCP X NOT able to listen to Midi ???

THanks

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:37 AM

No, it does not. I don't think any version of FCP has been able to do that.

6 replies

Mar 20, 2012 6:08 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

thanks for clearing this up...

FCP Studio was able to hook a control surface like a the Mackie HUI which is midi.

Would be fantastic if FCP X could access the motion 5 published midi parameters....

At least now, I know I am NOT missing the obvious.

So thank you 🙂

I WANTED to give Tom Wolski Both HELPED ME and SOLVED ...

So I clicked helped me first... Now I cant assign solved to Tom Wolski..

Yet the question has been solved... Sorry

Mar 20, 2012 10:06 AM in response to Studio Engineer

Yes, in the times of FCP6-7 I have tried to push at having more control with MIDI or Ethernet surfaces, with little result. VJ app have long ago realized that potential in productivity. One of the surfaces available to Editors seems the Euphonix color controller. If I am not mistaken I have read that it works with FCPX (or is it Motion)?

Well, video Editor are still stuck with the mouse and keyboard, where audio engineers have almost forgotten about their existence. This resistance remains a mystery.

Jul 2, 2014 7:55 PM in response to Studio Engineer

If anyone happens to have a Mackie Universal Control Pro, I have put together a set of key commands, and created a custom overlay for the MCU Pro. I used MidiStroke to do the programming, and you have to have MidiStroke installed, in order for it to work. If anyone wants the files to make a Mackie MCU Pro work with Final Cut Pro X, you can feel free to download the files. I put them up for whoever needs them. They contain installation instructions, an overlay image, and the actual MidiStroke configuration file.

Here you go! Hope this helps someone!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24324374/MCUPRO_FCPX_SUPPORT.zip

Midi In FCP X ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.