Yes, I was able to resolve this by myself. First, if you have an Intel-based Mac, running OSX 10.6 or higher, you can download iTunesProducer 2.6 (the latest and greatest), and it should work.
This is how I was able to obtain V2.5.1 of iTunesProducer, which just went out of circulation a week ago:
- I use FireFox Browser
- Login to iTunes Connect
- Go to "Deliver Your Content" page
- Hover Mouse over iTunesProducer 2.6 link
- Right-mouse click and select "Copy Link Location"
- Open Up New Tab in Firefox
- In this new tab, Paste (i.e., CTRL-V) the link into your URL text area
- Replace the part of the link that has "2.6" with "2.5.1"
- Press Enter to go to this newly edited link
- You will be prompted to Download the 2.5.1 version of iTunesProducer.....voila !
By the way, I installed V.2.5.1 on my eMac G4 that is running OS X V10.5.8. It installed and ran, and I was
able to upload my book without any issues. Now I'm just waiting for it to get sanctioned in the iBookStore.
I hope this helps.