5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 12:41 PM by Blessed91
doughayman Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Help !!!!I can no longer find iTunes Producer 2.5.1 anywhere.  This version supported Mac OS X 10.5.8, and I just went out and bought a Macintosh eMac G4 which was on the list of supported hardware for this version of iTunes Producer 2.5.1.   Lo and behold, I just received my G4, and now iTunes Producer 2.6 is only available, and it doesn't support the eMac G4.   Where can I get a copy of iTunesProducer 2.5.1 so that I can run it on this eMac G4 machine ????

Macintosh eMac G4, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,700 points)

Even if you managed to find an older version, the backend might not allow you to use it, sorry.

As well, the G4 can't run iBA...

• doughayman Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

This version of iTunes Producer was available on the Apple website 6 days ago, and I purchased this machine based on this premise.   Uggghhhh!

• doughayman Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Yes, I was able to resolve this by myself.  First, if you have an Intel-based Mac, running OSX 10.6 or higher, you can download iTunesProducer 2.6 (the latest and greatest), and it should work.

This is how I was able to obtain V2.5.1 of iTunesProducer, which just went out of circulation a week ago:

- I use FireFox Browser

- Login to iTunes Connect

- Go to "Deliver Your Content" page

- Hover Mouse over iTunesProducer 2.6 link

- Right-mouse click and select "Copy Link Location"

- Open Up New Tab in Firefox

- In this new tab, Paste (i.e., CTRL-V) the link into your URL text area

- Replace the part of the link that has "2.6" with "2.5.1"

- Press Enter to go to this newly edited link

- You will be prompted to Download the 2.5.1 version of iTunesProducer.....voila !

By the way, I installed V.2.5.1 on my eMac G4 that is running OS X V10.5.8.  It installed and ran, and I was

able to upload my book without any issues.   Now I'm just waiting for it to get sanctioned in the iBookStore.

I hope this helps.

• 4power Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Unfortunately this URL trick doesn't seem to work anymore.

Could anyone please lend me a hand with v2.5.1 as I needed

to install it on OS X 10.5.8... Thanks

• Blessed91 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

4power, I just opened Firefox and followed the steps that were outlined above and it is downloading now. Maybe try it again. I hope it works for you. If not, I may be able to email you or FTP you a copy if you still need it.