Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a copy of iTunes Producer 2.5.1

Help !!!!I can no longer find iTunes Producer 2.5.1 anywhere. This version supported Mac OS X 10.5.8, and I just went out and bought a Macintosh eMac G4 which was on the list of supported hardware for this version of iTunes Producer 2.5.1. Lo and behold, I just received my G4, and now iTunes Producer 2.6 is only available, and it doesn't support the eMac G4. Where can I get a copy of iTunesProducer 2.5.1 so that I can run it on this eMac G4 machine ????

Macintosh eMac G4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 7:55 AM

5 replies

Mar 22, 2012 1:49 PM in response to doughayman

Yes, I was able to resolve this by myself. First, if you have an Intel-based Mac, running OSX 10.6 or higher, you can download iTunesProducer 2.6 (the latest and greatest), and it should work.

This is how I was able to obtain V2.5.1 of iTunesProducer, which just went out of circulation a week ago:

- I use FireFox Browser

- Login to iTunes Connect

- Go to "Deliver Your Content" page

- Hover Mouse over iTunesProducer 2.6 link

- Right-mouse click and select "Copy Link Location"

- Open Up New Tab in Firefox

- In this new tab, Paste (i.e., CTRL-V) the link into your URL text area

- Replace the part of the link that has "2.6" with "2.5.1"

- Press Enter to go to this newly edited link

- You will be prompted to Download the 2.5.1 version of iTunesProducer.....voila !

By the way, I installed V.2.5.1 on my eMac G4 that is running OS X V10.5.8. It installed and ran, and I was

able to upload my book without any issues. Now I'm just waiting for it to get sanctioned in the iBookStore.

I hope this helps.

Need a copy of iTunes Producer 2.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.