Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SLOW:spinner,keyboard buffer,Airport seeking networks

This has happened before but I have never been able to determine the cause. Empyting the Cache does not solve the problem

My DSL line tests at normal download speed

Safari 5.1.2 is SLOW:

1. The spinner keeps appearing and of course I cannot do any input while it is spinning.

2) The keybaord buffer seems slow or full -- I have to wait a long time before I see what I am typing

3) Airport keeps cycling between "ON" and "Looking for Networks."

4) Pages load very slowly, even when clicking between pages on the same site (like this one)

I do keep a lot of Tabs open and possibly something trying to refresh might be "stuck" but I need the tools to determine where that problem might be coming from.

I use a Flash blocker, ClickToFlash, and Ghostery to block tracking bugs but these are not new additions.

Safari-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 11:20 AM

5 replies

Mar 20, 2012 1:24 PM in response to firstname lastname

HI ..

use a Flash blocker, ClickToFlash, and Ghostery to block tracking bugs but these are not new additions.

It still wouldn't hurt to uninstall these plugins, then reinstall one at a time to test. BTW, you don't need ClickToFlash and Flash blocker installed at the same time. That's overkill.

Aside from plugins, checked to see how much free space there is on the startup disk lately?

Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure there's a minimum of 15% free disk space.

If there's enough free disk space, try Safari in another user account. If you see the same problems there, that can be an indication that the startup disk needs repairing.

Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks

Airport keeps cycling between "ON" and "Looking for Networks."

Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash. Restart your Mac.

edited by: cs

Mar 20, 2012 4:24 PM in response to firstname lastname

I use a Flash blocker, called ClickToFlash.

Plenty of space on the drive, over 50% free.

I only have one User account set up on this computer.

The spinning & keyboard buffer problems went away after Restarting the computer, but the Airport does keep "hunting" for networks.

>Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash. Restart your Mac.

>

If I trash that Config file, what am I going to have to re-enter manually? What else it is going to reset to a default?

I'll hook directly to the ethernet later on...

Apr 9, 2012 3:55 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

>Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash. Restart your Mac.

>

Still trying to learn the other consequences of doing this. This discussion seems to indicate that only some of the items in that folder need to be trashed:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20091023172523809

SLOW:spinner,keyboard buffer,Airport seeking networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.