Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

working with time lapse (still pics)

I am building a timelapse out of a RAW series of photos. It was no problem importing the images into the timeline as an image sequence. I'm wondering now how to control the duration of each frame. Or how is the over all duration of the clip controlled? Additionally, is there a way to soften the transition between frames?

Aperture 3 allows me to create a simple slideshow and easily control both the duration and transitions. The only reason for attempting this in motion 5 is to hopefully take advantage of the file size of the photos. Ultamately, I would like to create some camera moves on the project.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 8:00 PM

To change the amount of time you want each frame to display, you can do one of 2 things:

-Change the frame rate of the Image Sequence in the Media settings (select the layer and typ Shift F). If the frame rate is less than the project frame rate, your clip will play more slowly. If the frame rate is greater than the project frame rate, it will play more quickly.

-Change the Speed in the Timing section (Inspector->Properties->Timing). This is the method I think most people use.

To blend the frames, change the Frame blending option, also in the Timing section of the properties.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2012 8:00 PM in response to Faulken

To change the amount of time you want each frame to display, you can do one of 2 things:

-Change the frame rate of the Image Sequence in the Media settings (select the layer and typ Shift F). If the frame rate is less than the project frame rate, your clip will play more slowly. If the frame rate is greater than the project frame rate, it will play more quickly.

-Change the Speed in the Timing section (Inspector->Properties->Timing). This is the method I think most people use.

To blend the frames, change the Frame blending option, also in the Timing section of the properties.

working with time lapse (still pics)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.