2644 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 3:19 PM by Joseph Kriz
If you just need to change the password, you can do a "Soft" reset.
- Connect the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule to power.
- Press and hold the reset button with a pen or pencil for 1 full second, then release it. The light (LED) will begin flashing amber, indicating that the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule is in soft reset mode.
- From the AirPort menu bar item, choose the network created by the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule (the network name does not change).
- Open AirPort Utility in Applications > Utilities on a Mac using Mac OS X, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on a computer using Windows.
- Select the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule and click Continue.
- A window indicating that the device has been reset will appear.
- Select "Restore the previous settings" and select OK.
- Move through subsequent windows to make changes to your passwords or other settings as desired, clicking Continue after each one.
- When you have moved through all of the selection windows you will be able to select Update. Click Update to install the new settings.
- Click Continue to allow your AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule to restart.
- Quit AirPort Utility.
The device and network services may not be available until the device has restarted.