Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail won't play until moved into the "deleted" folder.

For some reason, voicemail displays fine, but won't play when I hit the play button. If I move the voicemail to deleted folder, it works fine. Any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 6:06 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2012 10:51 PM in response to RJOJR

I am also having this problem. I highlight the message and hit the arrow on the far left to play the message, and nothing happens. I can listen to the message once I "delete" it. I have to go into "Deleted Messages" and then I can play it from there. I can also "undelete" the message, and it plays just fine from the Voicemail list. It just seems to be brand new messages that are the issue. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Mar 25, 2012 12:55 PM in response to stilesja

To further expand on this the messages show as having -0.00 length to them. If you delete them then go into the deleted folder and press the play button they will thin have the spinning indicator that they are downloading and it will show the actual length and play them fine. You can then undelete them and they will play in the regular folder. But I have found that eventually they will go back the way they were and show zero length again and you must repeat the process to play them again.

It is as if they are not downloading to the device.

Voicemail won't play until moved into the "deleted" folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.