Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Cannot connect to iTunes store"

I've had my iphone 4s since christmas, it is fully up to date, ios 5.1

And basically, whenever I try to download or update an app it comes up with the message "Cannot connect to iTunes store" and I have the only option to press ok.

I also went to re-download some music purchased on my iphone and again, a message pops up saying "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Does anybody know what this is and how I can resolve it, thankyou.

🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 4:47 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2012 8:25 AM in response to alexjonesTLL

Yea I have an iPhone 4 (not s) but either way alot of people are having the same problem or the waiting forever thing but I have the "cannot connect to iTunes store" one too. I know I don't have a solution but I just wanted to say that no matter what it seems like each apple update has its own flaw and good things too.. But I guess all we can do right now is try to apple's attention and help us fix this problem. Until then my iPhone is just as useless as yours when it comes to connecting to iTunes store.

Mar 24, 2012 4:12 PM in response to alexjonesTLL

Well in my case, when i try downloading on 3G it does it perfectly fine. But since i love the speed of my wifi connection i prefer it through the wifi; but whenever i try it that way i get the "cannot connect to store" message.

What i do then is go to settings and turn off the wifi, then go to the app store, hit install, and when it shows "loading" i hit the icon to pause the download. Then i go back to settings and turn on my wifi, go back to the icon and hit it again to resume the loading and finally install it. I don't know why this happens, wifi seems to work perfectly at everything for that one exception.

"Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.