Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Units Used in Pages

Hello:

I'd like to change the units used for things like Tabs and Margins from inches to cm or mm. Could someone recommend how to do this? I assume that switching from American to British English in the language settings would change the units from Imperial to Metric, but I do not really want a British English keyboard.

Many thanks,

Paul

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 6:24 PM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2012 12:19 PM in response to pcworth

Hi pcworth,

I'm not seeing how to change one without changing the other. Changing the Region Format to "United Kingdom" changes the units to cm and changes the keyboard so I get the "£" symbol instead of the "$" symbol, even when the "English" rather than the "English (UK)" keyboard is selected.

Note, even with the apparent "UK" keyboard layout, I can still get to the $ by holding on the £ until the alternate symbols come up. This is similar to getting the £ if the default is $. Yes, it's a little slower but does work.

So it seems to be a question of which is more important? Metric rulers or US (default) symbols. At least with it set for UK you can still get to the US symbols.

ivan

Changing Units Used in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.