Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem seeing multiple angles in a multicam clip

I'm trying to create a multicam clip for the first time. I watched a tutorial and am following along with it. It's a basic multicam clip I'm creating from two fairly brief clips in my Event browser. To save time, I inserted markers and used those (instead of the default audio syncing) to sync the two clips.

When I create the clip, it appears in the Event browser immediately (with the small four-screen indicator at the top left of the clip). But, when I drag this multicam clip to my timeline (and open the angle viewer), I only see one angle in the angle viewer no matter where I place the playhead.

The two clips I created the multicam clip from are each about 16 minutes long, they don't cover exactly the same 16 minutes of what I was filming. One clip starts a little sooner than the other. So I expected that there would be a section at the beginning and a section at the end of the multicam clip where I would only see one angle or the other in the angle viewer, but that throughout most of the 16 minutes I would see both angles in the angle viewer. But, as I said, the problem is that there is no point anywhere in the multicam clip where I see.

Interestingly, in the timeline, the multicam clip is just one of the angles followed by the other angle (starting at the same point). So it's like I just took the two clips that comprise the multicam clip and joined them into one longer clip.

What am I likely doing wrong? Please keep in mind that I've never created a multicam clip before, so it could be some very basic and obvious.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2012 10:00 PM in response to JDLee

Okay, playing around with the settings enough, I finally got this to work. I had to change the Angle Assembly: setting from Automatic to Camera Angle. They didn't do that in the tutorial. Does anyone know why this solved the problem? I want to understand what I was doing wrong. Thanks!

Problem seeing multiple angles in a multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.