Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate emails in mail

I am getting duplicate emails on my IMAC over and over again the same mail message in Mail any ideas?/

Michael

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 8:52 PM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2014 11:35 PM in response to benroffmichael

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem, maybe related to the previous one. I'm using a Mac Pro with OSX 10.9.1 and Mail.

When I send an email by clicking quickly on the send button, it sends two emails. If I gently and smoothly click on the send button, only one is sent.

I tried to modify some configuration parameters of the touchpad like the speed of double-clic and set it to slow but it didn't help.

Any idea?

Feb 25, 2014 9:41 AM in response to Eric Root

I'm using an IMAP service from my company and not sending email through gmail.

I first thought the problem could come from a generic misconfiguration from Apple but then I played several time with the send button and could reproduce the problem many times. If I send using Cmd-Shift-D only one mail is sent. It's just when I click quickly, like there would be several clics, that the duplicate emails are sent. Very strange...

duplicate emails in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.