Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a Bedside mode capability for iphone?

I am migrating from BlackBerry to iPhone and can't figure out how to turn off all notifications and sounds other than the phone ringing and the alarm clock so I don't have this thing buzzing, lighting up, vibrating and whatever it likes to do at night.

On BlackBerry is a sound profile that turns all notifications off and no vibrating or screen lighting up. Only phone calls and alarm clock will trigger sounds, this is really handy when I am trying to fall asleep without by night stand vibrating, lighting up and knowing that the phone will ring if someone is calling.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:41 PM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2012 12:02 AM in response to NC_Pepe

I don't think there is, but some apps do have a silent mode that allows you to restrict notifications between any given two times of the day. You could also turn off notifications before you go to bed or put the phone in silent mode, but it's not quite the same, I'm afraid.

Alternatively, turn on Airplane Mode, it won't affect your alarms, but it will stop any internet-triggered notifications

Mar 21, 2012 12:50 AM in response to NC_Pepe

I am migrating from BlackBerry to iPhone and can't figure out how to turn off all notifications and sounds other than the phone ringing and the alarm clock so I don't have this thing buzzing, lighting up, vibrating and whatever it likes to do at night.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Do you see that feature in the User Guide? If not, it doesn't exist. No secret functions.

Apr 6, 2012 10:10 PM in response to NC_Pepe

There is no quick and easy way to silence all alerts in iOS while allowing the phone to ring. The alarm will always sound, even if the silent switch is activated (provided the phone is not powered off entirely).

Many people have asked for a 'bedside mode' similar to that offered by other smartphones. In this state, the alarm would still sound if set, and the phone would ring for incoming calls, but no other alerts will sound.

Though it can't be done in software settings, the equivalent can easily be acheived by plugging your headphones into the phone. The alarm and ringer will still sound through the phone speaker, but all other alerts will play only through the headphones.

Is there a Bedside mode capability for iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.