Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't seem to submit my registration for AppleCare

What do I do? I'm from the Philippines and I tried calling the 1800 number but I don't want to pay for charges 😝 Anyway here's what happens. I go through the whole procedure/registration seemlessly but at the end when I click "Submit" it just grays out and nothing happens. No email no confirmation no nothing. I try to do it again and again. Same results. Here's a photo:User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 7:09 AM

You can try a different web browser. Or try selecting "Send proof of coverage by mail". If that still doesn't work, you'll need to call the Apple support number and ask to speak with someone in AppleCare plan administration.

Regards.

14 replies

Mar 21, 2012 7:15 AM in response to ChrisFormoso

What you need to do, going by the error you post in the pic, is send them the receipt for the device you are trying to apply AppleCare to. So, for example, if this is for a macbook pro, you need to scan a copy of the MBP dated receipt to them to prove the date of purchase is still within the one year warranty period required for AppleCare registration.

In my own experience, that error occurs when the serial number of the device is not coming up (or is coming up incorrectly or with missing information) on the AppleCare registration system. So they need documentation of the date of purchase of the item to verigy eligibility for AppleCare. When it has happened to me, I scanned my purchase receipt to a PDF file, and emailed them the PDF. Within 24hrs I received a confirmation email for my AppleCare.

Mar 21, 2012 10:39 PM in response to ChrisFormoso

I am confused, why would you have to pay for calling a 1-800 number?

Registration problems are ALMOST always due to purchasing a computer from a 3'rd party reseller. Either that, or you're trying to register outside of the 1-year time-frame.

Call up AppleCare:

800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273)

Tell them you are having trouble trying to register your APP. Tell them of the problem, and they should transfer you over to the Agreement Administration, which generally can fix the problem on the spot. Though, depending on details they MAY, or may not ask for photo-copies or scans of receipts, etc.

Mar 23, 2012 6:37 AM in response to Michael Black

Yes I'll give this a shot but I don't know how to e-mail Apple. I can't find any other information to get through to them other than the 1800 number they gave with the AppleCare package and here in their website. And it ***** how I'd have to pay just to get in touch with them. It's not really about the cost of calling them but I just don't think I should have to pay for anything considering I just bought a MBP and their AppleCare and all that. Is this ego? Maybe but come on..

Can't seem to submit my registration for AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.