Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring camera roll

I've tried to restore my phone using a backup from iCloud. The only problem is my camera roll isn't downloading! I've done it twice from the same back up and iCloud shows that I have 1.7GB of photos stored on there. I thought they were all suppose to download to the phone when you do that? I have photos and videos from the weekend that I need back! I didn't get to transfer them to my iMac 😟

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 12:30 AM

This sequence solved my problem and the download started and is still going on:

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes and choose option of restoring to factory settings. Then iTunes start to download smth (800mb), restores my iPhone to factory settings.

2. After it is completed I disconnect the iPhone and did the procedure with selecting wi-fi network, and so on - as usual.

3. Choose the restore from iCloud and everything started to download correctly.

Good Luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2012 12:30 AM in response to CrashingEchelon

This sequence solved my problem and the download started and is still going on:

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes and choose option of restoring to factory settings. Then iTunes start to download smth (800mb), restores my iPhone to factory settings.

2. After it is completed I disconnect the iPhone and did the procedure with selecting wi-fi network, and so on - as usual.

3. Choose the restore from iCloud and everything started to download correctly.

Good Luck.

restoring camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.