Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken laptop and a new ipod

My ipod nano was recently stolen and it just so happens that my computer with my itunes on it has died. Is there any way I can get the songs and videos from my old itunes in the dead laptop to a new laptop so I can put them into a new ipod touch? Possibly through home sharing or my apple account? :/

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 11:21 AM

Just because the computer died, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the hard drive. You (or someone who knows how to do it) could take it out, put it in an external case, or add to a desktop computer, and see if your files are still there.

Purchases you made from the iTunes Store can be re-downloaded for free (if still available for sale). Log into your iTunes Store, select Purchases from the Quick Links section on the right.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2012 11:21 AM in response to RioEarl

Just because the computer died, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the hard drive. You (or someone who knows how to do it) could take it out, put it in an external case, or add to a desktop computer, and see if your files are still there.

Purchases you made from the iTunes Store can be re-downloaded for free (if still available for sale). Log into your iTunes Store, select Purchases from the Quick Links section on the right.

Broken laptop and a new ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.