Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Master Templates not Appearing FCP7

Hi guys, I've been searching the net a while now and while I've found answers to similar problems they've not been any help to me, so apologies if this has been answered before, google never coughed it up 🙂

Essentially I've been using FCP for a few years now on and off but never really ventured into the downloading of filters/generators etc till a couple of months ago, it was all going fine till earlier when I bought some CrumplePop's stuff. They told me to install them (them being motion files) in the Library > Application Support > Final Cut Studio > Motion > Templates file but when I went there the 'Templates' file was missing. I made my own like it suggested and threw them there but when I open FCP 7 nothing appears in the Master Templates bin. The grey drop down arrow is there but the bin is empty. I've moved them about from user > library to the root > library and still no success.

My research began to imply that there should already be things in that bin, which has confused me even more and my friends don't have anything in there either.

Any ideas? Do I need to do a fresh install and will that mean I have to reinstall all my filters/generators etc?

I'm FCP 7.03 and have Motion 3.02 currently working on Lion.

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 12:19 PM

4 replies

May 7, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Plugpin

Hello,

I'm using Final Cut Pro since version 1 and now I got the problem mentioned in this thread, which is 3 years old. Did You find any solution?

I was using the templates time to time and now after few months of not using them I found that the folders in the Master Templates folder (under Effects tab in FCP) are empty. The templates are still installed in the same folder as before, but they just appear as an empty folder in FCP. Weird.

I will appreciate any help. Thanks!

Master Templates not Appearing FCP7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.