Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login loop while buying an app

I'm trying to buy an app on my iPad, and I'm getting stuck in an infinite login loop.

What happens is:

I go to buy the app (in this case it's Air Display), I hit the "buy app" button,

I sign in (as the usual protocol)

It goes to the home screen, and then a popup says "Verification Required: Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue to sign in, then verify your payment info."

I hit "continue," a small box appears, and prompts me to log in AGAIN, I hit OK, and the login box keeps re-appearing asking me to log in.

So what's up with this? This is obnoxious. I verified my payment info on my mac on the iTunes account info page so I know that's out of the way.

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 1:48 PM

11 replies

Jul 9, 2017 10:29 AM in response to evets90

Hey! Just think, five years later and it still is doing the same crap! Thank you Apple! I rented a movie on ITunes with the intention of viewing it on my Apple TV. Apple TV kept requesting my password (which was the correct one), then sent the required verification code to another Apple device. Ok...now type that code into the Apple TV screen AND get returned to the Apple ID login screen. Over and Over again. I tried perhaps a dozen times. Notta. Finally, some combination of logging into my Itunes account on my Windows PC and I was finally able to get the Apple TV device to accept the full login.

What a bloated monster of computer code these apple software packages have become. Not a happy camper.

May 30, 2012 12:12 AM in response to evets90

Do you have the same problem with any 'Free' Apps. Try downloading one - connect and sync to iTunes on your Mac, then delete the App from your ipad, resync, and try again. Also which ipad and which iOS version?

Do you have iCloud currently active? and lastly - in Settings\General\Restrictions - if restrictions are turned on, have you turned on the restriction to allow you to buy an App or delete an App? (bottom of list).

regards, Ct

May 30, 2012 7:53 AM in response to pjl123

There is no login button anywhere on apple.com's homepage, is it somewhere else?

The only place I found it was on a "manage your Apple ID" page but had absolutely nothing on payment info.

It is worth noting that a similar payment info verification showed up last night on my iMac (first time buying an app on that one), and it loaded just fine, it just does not load (infinitely loops the password prompt) on the iPad.

May 30, 2012 11:10 AM in response to evets90

Sorry, my mistake. On the apple.com home page, click on store. Then in the upper right, right next to the little picture of a shopping cart, click account, then account home page. Then log in. And check the payment info.

You may have fixed the issue last night.

Reboot the pad, and see if the issue is still there. To reboot, press and home the home and sleep buttons until the apple logo appears.

May 30, 2012 11:16 AM in response to evets90

Open iTunes on your PC, navigate to Store Home page - Use quick links to go to your Account. Log in. Verify payment info and email is correct. Then check that youu have updated your Security info page (3 questions required etc)

Then check that your device is registered under Authorised devices.

You say you have no restrictions on - Does this mean that you have Restriction On but nothing set - or that restrictions itself is off.

If it is on, then you will need to set the apprpriate content restriction information for purchasing and playback of content. When finished reboot and resync your pad to iTunes to confirm settings.

Hope this helps. If you change a setting that is global and is used by itunes/App Store as well - always resync to confirm changes.

regards, Ct

Login loop while buying an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.